Praise be to Jesus now and forever.
This blog is almost 9 years old with around 49k hits! :)
The archive of posts is located just below the Song of the Fortnight gadget.
Subscribe to get the latest posts via email from the right pane.


Disclaimer:
This site uses cookies and you accept that by continuing to use the site that you agree to this.
You are currently hearing the audio from the Song of the Fortnight gadget in the right pane.
All the content belongs to their respective owners. I own nothing.
The posts you see on this blog are not entirely my work. Credit has been attributed wherever possible.
I have not used any ad service on this website.



Info2

Click here for a list of all posts related to Christmas.


Click here for Christmas messages

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Monday, January 18, 2010

The 12 Days Of Christmas

Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org

The 12 Days of Christmas start with Christmas Day
and finish with the eve of Epiphany on 5th January

Each of the items in the song represents something of religious
significance. The hidden meaning of each gift was designed
to help young Christians learn their faith.

Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org

On the 1st day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

A Partridge in a Pear Tree

The "true love" represents God and the "me" represents the Christian. The "partridge in a pear tree" is Jesus Christ who died on a tree or cross as a gift from God for the whole world.

Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org

On the 2nd day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

2 Turtle Doves

2 turtle doves are symbolic of the
Old and New Testament.

Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org

On the 3rd day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

3 French Hens

The 3 French hens are symbolic of the valuable poultry during that time, only for the rich could afford, like the wise men's gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
Also symbolic for Faith, Hope and Charity.

Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org

Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org

On the 4th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

4 Calling Birds

The 4 calling birds are symbolic of the 4 Gospel writers, like birds calling out
with loud and distinctive voices: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org

On the 5th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

5 Golden Rings

The 5 golden rings are symbolic of the Torah (the 5 books of Moses),
treated as most valuable and treasured, as is gold:
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.

Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org

Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org

On the 6th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

6 Geese A-laying

The 6 geese are symbolic of the six days of new life, the Creation.

Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org

On the 7th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

7 Swans A-swimming

The swans are symbolic of the the 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit that also change us
from ugly ducklings into graceful adults: Wisdom, Understanding, Right
Judgement, Courage, Knowledge, Reverence and Fear of the Lord.

Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org

On the 8th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

8 Maids A-milking

The 8 maids milking are symbolic of the 8 beatitudes: Matthew 5:3-10

Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org

On the 9th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

9 Ladies Dancing

The 9 ladies dancing are symbolic of the rejoicing over the 9 fruits of the
Holy Spirit: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self Control

On the 10th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

10 Lords A-leaping

The 10 lords leaping are symbolic of the 10 commandments.Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org

Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.OrgVisit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org

On the 11th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

11 Pipers Piping

The 11 pipers piping are symbolic of the piping the 11 faithful apostles
following the chief piper and becoming like Him.

Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org
Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org

On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

12 Drummers Drumming

The 12 drummers drumming are symbolic of the loud steady rhythm for
marchers to follow as is the points of the Apostle's Creed

Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.OrgVisit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org

Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org

No comments: