Praise be to Jesus now and forever.
This blog is almost 9 years old with around 49k hits! :)
The archive of posts is located just below the Song of the Fortnight gadget.
Subscribe to get the latest posts via email from the right pane.


Disclaimer:
This site uses cookies and you accept that by continuing to use the site that you agree to this.
You are currently hearing the audio from the Song of the Fortnight gadget in the right pane.
All the content belongs to their respective owners. I own nothing.
The posts you see on this blog are not entirely my work. Credit has been attributed wherever possible.
I have not used any ad service on this website.



Info2

Click here for a list of all posts related to Christmas.


Click here for Christmas messages

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Testimonies From London Olympics - 2012

 

 

Olympic Archer: My Identity Is in Christ, Not Archery

 

Many successful Olympians translate their newfound fame into big endorsements and big cash.

 But one U.S. athlete says he wants to use his new platform to share the gospel with other Olympic athletes.

 

 

Jacob Wukie, part of the men's U.S. archery team that won a silver medal in London, made it clear that his identity was in Christ -- not archery.

 

"You just kind of meet some of the other medallists they have there at the time, and it's neat to meet people who are a little more well known,"

Wukie told Athletes in Action.

 

"But also I'm hoping to be able to have maybe more opportunities to kind of speak and share Christ with people."

 

 

"While for a long time archery has been a very big part of what I do, my identity is in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,"

 he said.

 

Wukie explained that is faith in God allows him look to the future with hope and confidence.

"Since I am confident that He is in control and has a plan for my life, I am able to give my best and let the rest lie in His hands," he said.

 

"He has given me the talents and abilities that I possess; He has taught me to love those around me and what it means to push hard.

 

 

Gold Medallist Houchin: Christ Comes First

 

 

Michael Phelps captured most of the Olympic headlines, but another U.S. swimmer, Charlie Houchin, earned a gold medal in the 4x200-meter freestyle relay.

 

 

Houchin told Athletes in Action that it was his faith in Christ that made the victory sweet.

 

"Having faith in Christ helps you sort of stay in the moment, enjoy what's going on, not be anxious about what could or could not happen in the future,"

he explained.

 

  

 

"I would hope having an Olympic gold medal won't change my life,"

he continued.

 

"It might make it more exciting in the business world, or it might make it more exciting in terms of having cool stories to share."

"But hopefully it's just a vehicle for driving the things that I'm already passionate about, and clearly, my faith in Christ being the most important,"

he said.

 

 





No comments: