Praise be to Jesus now and forever.
This blog is almost 9 years old with around 49k hits! :)
The archive of posts is located just below the Song of the Fortnight gadget.
Subscribe to get the latest posts via email from the right pane.


Disclaimer:
This site uses cookies and you accept that by continuing to use the site that you agree to this.
You are currently hearing the audio from the Song of the Fortnight gadget in the right pane.
All the content belongs to their respective owners. I own nothing.
The posts you see on this blog are not entirely my work. Credit has been attributed wherever possible.
I have not used any ad service on this website.



Info2

Click here for a list of all posts related to Christmas.


Click here for Christmas messages

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Saturday, May 9, 2015

David Livingstone


"I place no value on anything I have or may possess, except in relation to the kingdom of God. If anything will advance the interests of the kingdom, it shall be given away or kept, only as by giving or keeping it I shall most promote the glory of Him to whom I owe all my hopes in time or eternity."

David Livingstone prayed this prayer in all his crucial junctures. When he gave his life to Christ; when he was sent to the mission field; when he was found stranded with the kids burying his wife; and when he was leaving earth. In all the defining moments of his life, his heart was genuinely committed to Christ.

This is the Prayer.
  
"Lord, send me anywhere, only go with me; lay any burden upon me, only sustain me; sever any tie that binds, except the tie that binds me to thy heart and to thy service."

Read more about him here: http://www.wholesomewords.org/missions/bliving2.html

Here's a short story that I found interesting.

A. Parnell Bailey visited an orange grove where an irrigation pump had broken down. The season was unusually dry and some of the trees were beginning to die for lack of water. The man giving the tour then took Bailey to his own orchard where irrigation was used sparingly. “These trees could go without rain for another 2 weeks,” he said. “You see, when they were young, I frequently kept water from them. This hardship caused them to send their roots deeper into the soil in search of moisture. Now mine are the deepest-rooted trees in the area. While others are being scorched by the sun, these are finding moisture at a greater depth.” (Our Daily Bread).

No comments: