Praise be to Jesus now and forever.
This blog is almost 9 years old with around 49k hits! :)
The archive of posts is located just below the Song of the Fortnight gadget.
Subscribe to get the latest posts via email from the right pane.


Disclaimer:
This site uses cookies and you accept that by continuing to use the site that you agree to this.
You are currently hearing the audio from the Song of the Fortnight gadget in the right pane.
All the content belongs to their respective owners. I own nothing.
The posts you see on this blog are not entirely my work. Credit has been attributed wherever possible.
I have not used any ad service on this website.



Info2

Click here for a list of all posts related to Christmas.


Click here for Christmas messages

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Listening to God


- David Wilkerson


Most Christians don't listen to God. They go to Him only to talk! Yet the Scriptures reveal that any person who was ever used of God learned to remain in His presence until hearing from Him. Scripture makes it clear that the Lord wants to talk to every one of us:

Isaiah 30:21New International Version (NIV)

21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”

I heard of a little girl suffering from leukaemia who was struggling with the thought of dying. One morning when her mother came into her room, the girl was all aglow and happy. "What has happened to you?" her mother asked. The little girl answered, "An angel came to me and said I was going on a trip. God came and took my hand and walked with me through a beautiful garden. He told me, 'You're coming here tomorrow to be with Me.' " God spoke to that little child and took all the pain and fear from her heart. When she left to be with Him the next day, she had total peace.


When you are intimate with Jesus, do you receive direction from Him? Does He tell you what to do and when and how to do it? Some Christians don't believe God does this but Jesus says,

John 10:27New International Version (NIV)

27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

In your trial, get alone with Jesus and cry, "Lord, You're the only One who can help me. Only You know the way through this trial, so I'm going to stay here till You tell me what to do."

This is the kind of praying that is pleasing to God. It means stopping everything, all activity. Only then will you hear Him speak clearly to your heart: "You must make things right with this person." Or, "Just stand still till next week. Don't get in a hurry. Sit in My presence and trust Me." He will give you clear directions.

No comments: