Praise be to Jesus now and forever.
This blog is almost 9 years old with around 49k hits! :)
The archive of posts is located just below the Song of the Fortnight gadget.
Subscribe to get the latest posts via email from the right pane.


Disclaimer:
This site uses cookies and you accept that by continuing to use the site that you agree to this.
You are currently hearing the audio from the Song of the Fortnight gadget in the right pane.
All the content belongs to their respective owners. I own nothing.
The posts you see on this blog are not entirely my work. Credit has been attributed wherever possible.
I have not used any ad service on this website.



Info2

Click here for a list of all posts related to Christmas.


Click here for Christmas messages

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Sutures!

Verse of the Day (BibleGateway)

“Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.” -Isaiah 46:4 Listen to chapter 

So, last week I was watching an episode of House, and I decided to make a coke float. The ice cream was in a glass container in the freezer. It was insanely cold. Anyhow, I tried to close the lid. Nope, not happening. I kept the bowl on my hands and used my thumbs to do the same, which did work. And then I noticed that the bottom part moved upward. The glass had broken and caused multiple lacerations on my fingers. Blood started gushing out from my right hand. By the time my grandma washed the wound, I started feeling all light headed. My ears began to shut down. So did my eyes. Textbook syncope. However, thank GOD, no glass had gone into my body.

After regaining consciousness, I was taken to a hospital. Seeing pictures of Jesus everywhere made me a little calm, I have to say. After four inspections by nurses and doctors, they finally concluded that tight dressings and stitches would do the job. I felt like I was in an episode of House (hoped this was all just a bad dream, nope). I ended up getting ligatures on one finger on each hand with two stitches on one of those. Did I mention that they stitched the wound without any sedation and that it pained like crazy? I was prescribed a few medicines and was asked to come every other day to change the dressing, until the 10th day, when they would take the stitches out. In short, my hands were rendered inoperative.

Days passed by very fast, and my dysfunctional hands were supplemented by my mother's. The stitches were removed two days earlier than the expected date, and the wound started healing well. Thanks to GOD, the wound almost completely healed right in time for a couple of tests I have to write. The first two paragraphs were typed using just my left hand. Not so now! :D

Update: Just two days before the test, I got fever and an insane body ache. But thanks to GOD, on the day of the exam, everything turned out to be just fine, as if I never had the wound or the fever or the aches. :D

Moral of the (true) story: GOD is always in control, all you need to do is trust in HIM! :)






No comments: